RETAIL REBOOT: How to Webinar 2
Massey University, in conjunction with a range of industry partners including RetailX and Retail NZ, is here to help provide some guidance and reassurance as we pivot to the new normal.
With so many adjustments required to practices, policies, premises and personnel for restarting under Levels 3 and 2, you might be feeling overwhelmed with you can, must, and cannot do.
In the second in our series of “how-to talks,” two retail legal experts will share their experiences and views in negotiating retail property and leases, consumer and privacy law issues in the new retail environment, and hot tips regarding e-commerce operations, advertising and marketing practices - and more.
Marcus Bosch (Founder, Proactive Property Group Ltd) is a property expert who specialises in working with tenants on site selection, lease negotiation, site fit-out and ongoing lease management. Marcus has extensive experience sourcing retail sites and managing the planning, design and build of sites in NZ and Australia. Marcus has acted for a range of individual, franchise and corporate tenants as well as managing significant retail lease portfolios.
Katrina Hammon (Partner, Wynn Williams) is a specialist retail lawyer and advises businesses in connection with consumer law, e-commerce, retail leasing, franchising and network expansion. Katrina loves the changing face of retail and enjoys working with brands as they embrace disruption to leverage new opportunities, exploit alternate channels to drive growth.
· Managing property cashflows - your lease is 2nd / 3rd largest cost item – what are your options to manage your property cashflows in the new normal
· Legal Perspective – rent abatement (limited) / Sublease / Assignment / Guarantee Obligations
· Practical Perspective – front foot landlord conversation/lease restructure / options
· Landlord Perspective – transferring the Cashflow problem / Landlord-Tenant Relationship / Transparency / Landlord - Building Value Considerations
· Retail leasing – market insights and trans-Tasman perspective
· E-commerce and contactless retail – hot tips for retailers including consumer and privacy law considerations
· Advertising and marketing – common traps for pricing and promotions, including use of influencers, online campaigns and prize draws REGISTER
· When you register, you will be given an opportunity to put questions in advance to the presenters; these will be used to inform their presentations.
· During the talks you will also be able to submit written questions.
· Please note the talks and responses to questions do not constitute formal legal advice.
· You may need to consult a lawyer to resolve your particular issue, but this webinar may provide some helpful ideas on how to proceed.
Reboot Retail How-to FREE webinar series
WEBINAR 2: "Adjusting to the new normal"
DATE: Wednesday 6 May
TIME : 11-12 noon
· You will receive this when you register.
· The session will be recorded if you cannot attend live.
· Links to previously recorded webinars will also be given when you register.
Brought to you by the Centre for Advanced Retail Studies
#retail #retailx #makingretailhappen #MasseyBusinessSchool #CentreAdvancedRetailStudies #howto #retailleasing #retaillegal #Covid19response #retailreboot #wynnwilliamslawyers #KatrinaHammon #MarcusBosch #ProactivePropertyGroup #propertycashflow #rentabatement #ecommerce #onlineshopping #privacylaw #retaillawyer #nzfranchiselayer